Christmas morning. No matter what time of the year, referring to these few special hours is synonymous with cheer and goodness.
(Although in June, I said “it feels Christmas morning!” to express my excitement about something. Dave seemed puzzled. Little did I know, as a pastor’s son they celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. So, “it feels like Christmas morning!” is what he would use to describe the feeling of cleaning up the aftermath of a gift opening bonanza from the previous night.)
Anyway, these 9 breakfasts are home-y and wonderful Christmas meals. Exactly what you’ll be in the mood for eating right after opening an iPad mini or whatever may be coming your way this year.
- Hootenanny: a giant, oven baked pancake that can be shared by the whole family
- Apple & Brie Pastries: grown up pop tarts, but still fun to assemble with kids
- Baked Cinnamon French Toast: throw in the oven before presents start and it’ll ready just in time
- Raspberry Baked Oatmeal: another make-in-advance baked dish
- Pepperoni Egg Skillet: a savory option for the less sweet-toothed palettes
- Roasted Tomato & Zucchini Fritata: more savory, if you please
- Yum Yum Bars: my favorite granola of all time, and they’re great for snacking throughout the rest of the day
- Pesto Scones: what if we left Santa scones instead of cookies?
- Spiced Apple Pie Oatmeal: made in the slow cooker overnight & your whole house will smell terrific, plus every taste is like a bite of apple pie
Merry Christmas with love from me to you!