Sometimes the simplest food ideas are the tastiest. It seems we have all discovered almost anything is good stuffed inside refrigerated crescent roll dough. (Self included, as seen in: garlic & spinach chicken puffs, crescent roll baked brie, broccoli & chicken braided bread, and taco croissants.)
This dessert does not have crescent rolls, but the concept is just as geniusly basic. Cookie dough plopped on top of apple slices makes a cookie crusted cobbler. It is like your classic cobbler, but crazier (and easier).
SNICKERDOODLE APPLE COBBLER
1/2 batch perfect snickerdoodle dough
4-6 apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange apple slices in an even layer in a 9×13 baking dish. Stir brown sugar and cinnamon into apples. Roll snickerdoodle dough into 1 inch balls. Slightly flatten and place across the surface of the apples. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- ½ batch perfect snickerdoodle dough
- 4-6 apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange apple slices in an even layer in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Stir brown sugar and cinnamon into apples.
- Roll snickerdoodle dough into 1 inch balls.
- Slightly flatten and place across the surface of the apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Adapted from Baked by Rachel