I am not a fan of shoestring french fries. If it’s even possible to consider them fries. What they are is tiny sticks of salt. No thanks. Same with breadsticks. Those hard, skinny poles made of saw dust are not what I’m looking for. I like fluffy. I like bread.
If you’re like me in this regard, you may be approaching these then breadsticks with caution. Fear not, friends! They are soft, very soft. And the skinny factor is pretty cool and gourmet, right? As long as we don’t sacrifice texture. AND. They’re made with puff pastry. So, easy too. Like, essentially-one-step easy. And your friends will be like, “_________ (your name), when did you got to Rome and bring us back these fresh breadsticks?”
PUFF PASTRY BREADSTICKS
Serves 24 breadsticks
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Dipping sauces (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold pastry on a lined baking sheet. Whisk together egg white, water, and garlic salt. Spread evenly over pastries. Sprinkle rosemary on top of egg mixture. Slice with a pizza cutter into 3/4 inch strips.
Slightly separate strips from each other. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dipping sauces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold pastry on a lined baking sheet.
- Whisk together egg white, water, and garlic salt. Spread evenly over pastries.
- Sprinkle rosemary on top of egg mixture.
- Slice with a pizza cutter into ¾ inch strips.
- Slightly separate strips from each other.
- Bake for 15 minutes.