They say to do the master bedroom first. Maybe we are the problem people, but I just do not see why. We are only in this room at the start and end of each day. I would much rather put our first projects into the spaces where we spend lots of time – the main floor.
Also, when you are tired parents of little people, a bedroom just having a soft bed makes it a relaxing enough get away for me (for now)! These photos are the room while the previous owner still occupied the house.
The drapes have already been ditched. The blue carpet still lives with us. Funnily enough I plan for this room to be a lot of blue tones, just not via carpeting. My problem with the living room color I chose is it turned out too blue rather than gray, so I may recycle it up here. (In here, however, it might not be blue enough for what I want. Oy.) It will get used somewhere. It is a great color that has sadly gone unappreciated by the Schultzes.
- Move chair rail higher
- Paint walls blue, probably two different shades above and below rail
- Upgrade to king bed
- Lose old IKEA dresser and upgrade with a more vertical one for corner near bathroom
- Get some seating for end of bed (probably a bench)
- New window treatments
- Chandelier light fixture for above the bed
- Maybe one day blow out closet into part of the guest room to have a walk-in
The master bathroom will be its own post because it is quite a handful. We actually just use the kids bathroom and have closed the pocket door, opening it maybe once since moving in. Yes, seriously. (The carpet scares me!)