David once named the sunroom the area of the house he is most excited for in its finished state. It has potential, and seeing it making a little progress gives me eyes to see how nice it really could be. (Whereas now I just think of it as the empty space I stare at from the living room.)
When we moved in, the room had a blue carpet-meets-astroturf. All the details of removing it and the plywood underneath are in this post. Just getting down to wood beams was an improvement.
To prep the floors for paint (white, of course), we did a soap and water scrub with some light sanding. Follow up with a shop-vac. We considered powerwashing, but we did not want the paint anywhere else is get sprayed off too, so we did everything by hand.
The product I used was Valspar’s Latex Porch & Floor paint.
The editing on this photo does not show it a whole lot, but after the first coat the walls and floor were really clashing. The floor paint was a harsh pure white (I did not have them tint it at all) and the side of the house and such are comparatively very cream.
I went back and had it tinted to Behr’s Palais White. Even after the second coat it is not looking cream enough. The paint mixing was not exactly down to a science because my guy was 1) color matching (which I never trust) and 2) cutting the formula in half since I only had half a can of paint left. Lots of room for error.
Maybe its standing out now because the room is empty and later I will not mind. Or, I will later still very much mind and just paint again! I think very cream whites are going to be the key out here, for the furniture too.
Speaking of furniture, David has already finished building our new outdoor dining table! It is amazing and I am so impressed. I plan to convince him to write a tutorial for it.