Author: Rachel Schultz
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- One batch of simple cream cheese frosting (link above)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, butter, lemon zest, lemon concentrate, vanilla extract, and eggs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients and buttermilk to wet ingredients until a uniform batter forms.
- Spray two 9 inch round baking pans with cooking spray and divide batter evenly into pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before icing.
Recipe by Rachel Schultz at http://rachelschultz.com/2013/04/11/lemonade-cake/