I would describe myself as simple, yet quirky. I’m married as of May 2012 to my husband, David (or “Dave” if you’re feeling crazy). We live a (also simple, yet quirky) life in Michigan.
Two more words to describe me are domestic and proud. The first way to read that is in the sense that I am domestic and have a prideful, sinful heart. Which would be true. What can I say about Jesus? He is everything. I used to be dead and now I am alive. The second way you could read “domestic and proud” would be that I am not ashamed to love domestic, housewife-y things. Which is also the case!
It is a life well spent to be a good and kind wife. I want to work hard to make my home beautiful, to be a hospitable family, where people can stop by and feel loved. Simple pleasures like lighting a nice-smelling candle, or making good food, or sitting with a soft pillow over conversation gives people a glimpse of the sweetness of the goodness of God. In a paragraph, that is what my blog and life are about.
5 FUN FACTS
- Dave is an extremely good dancer. I stand next to him and just move my body and try and act confident. This leads people to think of us as both good dancers.
- Almost two years ago, I cut 16 inches off my hair and I have regretted it every day since. Doesn’t everyone want their hair short, and then cut it and want it long again? We women are fickle beings.
- These are a few of my favorite things: cake, nutella, bubble baths, Lord of the Rings, the smell of coffee, David, going to church, books, chocolate covered pretzels, yogurt covered pretzels, basically anything covered pretzels, and cake again.
- These are a few of my least favorite things: soup, hot dogs, car rides, pet hair, University of Michigan, and Olive Garden.
- I read books a lot. And document them in the sidebar of this page & in my “I love to read…” posts.
But the very BEST way to contact me is in the comments section. I’m very active in the comments and I’ll almost definitely respond. A new post is up on this blog everyday Monday-Friday. This blog is may day job (mostly) and freelance writing (sometimes).
What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? I get this one a ton (as does David!). My three favorites (right now) are: roasted strawberry & chocolate grilled brie, black bean & spinach chicken enchiladas, and chocolate zucchini bread. David’s three faves are: whipped feta crostini, cheesy stuffed meatball sliders, and feta & spinach mini pastries.
What should I do/what do you think about my _________ personal or spiritual question?
I try to be of help on these as best as I am able, so please feel free to contact me. I would recommend 1) you become a member of a local body of believers and seek counsel through wise people who are familiar with you and your particular situation and 2) Romans 8:31-39.
Do you create all your own recipes? My favorite thing about food is that it is a communal event that brings people together. Many recipes are developed myself from scratch, and lots of others are tweaked from other recipes, perhaps from my friend’s mom or another blog on the internet (always cited!)
Do you take all the photos on your website? I do! I’d love to continue to get better at photography. Up until December 3, 2012, I used a point and shoot Nikon Coolpix P500. Now, I have a Nikon D5100. I use either the kit lens or the 50mm f/1.8.
May I share one of your posts on my blog? Thank you for asking!
- Recipes – yes! Please include two links: one to the blog post and one to the home page. Here’s an example: This recipe for Avocado Pesto Rigatoni is from Rachel Schultz.
- Photos – yes! Please don’t use the photo and recipe together without permission, though. Here’s an example: These Strawberry French Toast Cannolis look great. [cannoli photo] Check out Rachel Schultz for the full recipe.
Rachel Schultz blog is protected under copyright laws. The content of this site may not be redistributed without citing its original source. This includes photos and all other content pages. You may not post the exact content of any post in part or in full without written permission.
Do you make money from your site? Yes, it’s a career. Your reading is so valuable to me because it makes my dreams possible! (Cliche, but true.) I make money from a few different avenues. Rachel Schultz Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com