BEST COBBLER YOU’VE EVER HAD

August 6, 2012 · 279 comments

in Desserts, Recipes

436.8K Flares 436.8K Flares ×

Okay, okay. David is saying I can’t tell you it’s the best cobbler you’ve ever had. I’ll just tell you it’s the best cobbler he and I’ve ever had.

(But if you have eaten a better one, you better be sending your girl Rach the recipe! Don’t hold out on me).

(But as I said before, I’m pretty confident it doesn’t exist).

I didn’t even mention how versatile this dish is. Try with other fruits – perhaps blackberries, lemon pie filling, or something crazy like pineapple.

Best Cobbler You've Ever Had from Rachel Schultz

Best Cobbler You’ve I’ve Ever Had
Serves 10-12

1 box yellow cake mix (not baked, just the powder)
1/3 cup butter, softened
2  eggs
30 ounces canned peaches, drained (or 4 fresh peaches, peeled and pitted)
8 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Mix ingredients until crumbly. Separate 1/2 cup of crumble for topping.

Best Cobbler You've Ever Had from Rachel Schultz Best Cobbler You've Ever Had from Rachel Schultz

Spray a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray. Press remaining crumble into base of dish. Bake for 10 minutes. While crust bakes, slice peaches into small, 1 inch pieces. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla until creamy.

Best Cobbler You've Ever Had from Rachel Schultz

Best Cobbler You've Ever Had from Rachel Schultz

Best Cobbler You've Ever Had from Rachel Schultz

Best Cobbler You've Ever Had from Rachel Schultz

4.6 from 45 reviews
BEST COBBLER YOU'VE EVER HAD

Author:
Serves: 10-12
Ingredients
  • 1 box yellow cake mix (not baked, just the powder)
  • ⅓ cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 30 ounces canned peaches, drained (or 4 fresh peaches, peeled and pitted)
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Vanilla ice cream
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Mix ingredients until crumbly. Separate ½ cup of crumble for topping.
  2. Spray a 9x13 glass dish with cooking spray. Press remaining crumble into base of dish.
  3. Bake for 10 minutes. While crust bakes, slice peaches into small, 1 inch pieces.
  4. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla until creamy. Layer peaches on top of baked crust. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of peaches.
  5. Top with reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 30 additional minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream. I didn't even mention how versatile this dish is. Try with other fruits - perhaps blackberries, lemon pie filling, or something crazy like pineapple.

Modified from Just a Pinch.

436.8K Flares Pin It Share 435.4K Twitter 11 Facebook 1.4K 436.8K Flares ×

Rate this recipe:

{ 279 comments… read them below or add one }

Cheryl Deedon August 29, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Omg! This is the best cobbler I have ever had or made! So yummy I’m making a second one with the rest of the fresh peaches from Palisade, Colorado that I bought at a farmers market. My husband loved this cobbler. I live in Colorado so we have awesome peaches to work with. I’m going to make it with 2 cake mixes this time to make it a deeper cobbler. Hopefully it comes out right, it should as I will just double everything in recipe and bake a little longer. Thank you for sharing this recipe with everyone , Cheryl Deedon

Anna Teel August 19, 2014 at 9:24 pm

5 stars…Yum! I just made this. I’ve been craving peach cobbler lately. I made it in an 8×8 glass dish using a gluten free boxed cake and added blackberries. Oh myyyy! Seriously good! It’s not as good as grandmas but this recipe is fan-freakin-tastic! The dream cheese was a lot more mild than u was expecting. Nice subtle addition. I added 5 mins to crust only bake and 10 mins to the total bake time. Awesome perfection.

Jackye August 13, 2014 at 1:23 am

I substituted brown sugar for the white and mixed 1/2cup granola with topping before baking it was great also I used 6 fresh peaches

Lucy August 12, 2014 at 5:27 am

That was so yummy! Thank you for sharing! I used two fresh peaches and two fresh nectarines. It was super easy!

cheryl chase July 24, 2014 at 6:00 am

I made this with canned peaches and it was delicious

Claudia July 16, 2014 at 1:29 am

Made it with fresh peaches and blueberries and a little cinnamon and it was so awesome! Thank you!

matthew June 28, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Well I made it with blueberry’s and everybody says exactly what it says the best they’ve ever had and I agree I already memorized the recipe this is surely a contest winner thank again matthew

matthew June 27, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Can blueberry’s be used in this recipe,re:best cobbler ever ty Matthew martin

Rachel Schultz June 27, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Absolutely!

Roswitha Brown June 20, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Rachel, this is the best Cobbler. Made it for a dinner my husband and I were invited to. It was a big hit. The favorite dessert!.This is a keeper for sure. Thank you so much for this recipe. I rate it a five star.

Rose

Kathy June 17, 2014 at 1:51 am

OMG you were right the Best Cobbler I have ever eaten or made! I want to try it with pineapple as suggested and put brown sugar in the cream cheese mixture! This is going to be a summer family FAVE!!! Thanks for the recipe!

amber whitehead June 12, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Mine is in the oven right now. Can’t wait to try it thanks for the recipe.

Laura H June 4, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Thank you for an excellent recipe!! I used 4 cups of fresh blackberries and sprinkled them with a little extra cinnamon sugar- fantastic!

Nita May 3, 2014 at 5:25 am

Loved this recipe, I added almond extract and walnuts, used canned peaches and frozen peaches thawed. Less sugar with cream cheese mixture. Delish, cinnamon sprinkled on top

Rita Powell May 1, 2014 at 3:54 pm

How do I subscribe to more recipes? Also how do I get this recipe in my email?

Best Cobbler You’ve Ever Had

Melanie April 30, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Can’t wait to try this again actually following the recipe!

Melanie April 30, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I made a big boo boo! Oops. I put the cream cheese in the cake mix with the butter, whoops, well it came out more like a cobbler. For fruit I used mand oranges, pineapple, and strawberries (what I had on hand). I also used stevia in the raw instead of sugar. Thus far it looks great!

Doug August 14, 2014 at 3:07 am

Hey Melanie this is a peach cobbler recipe stevia does not cook right in any recipe irregardless of what anyone says. Blueberries and anything else is just that a berry cobbler cream cheese also does not belong in a traditional cobbler period. also yellow cake is just that too a yellow cake with peaches in it. Sorry it may be good but not a cobbler. maybe a gobble up er! something else. Rate is a 1 for effort. Ingredients for cobbler is Milk, butter, Flour, Cinnamon, nutmeg, Brown sugar and white sugar, vanilla, greased pan or cooking Bowl. Pour the peaches over the mixture and do notstirand you will have a great peach cobbler.

cathy March 9, 2014 at 10:57 pm

The chicken was so good. I not fond of chicken but this I will make again.

Anonymous July 15, 2014 at 8:01 pm

What r u talking aboit…This is peach cobbler

Mandy February 27, 2014 at 4:18 am

I have made this recipe a few times now! I did quite a bit of canning last year and have so many cans of peaches and this recipe is a perfect way to use them. It’s so easy and it’s made using ingredients that I usually always have in my pantry and fridge. My husband loved this recipe as well!

Loretta Lee February 9, 2014 at 2:44 am

I can’t wait to try this… Hopefully tomorrow… I am a true southern girl and was raised on peach cobbler… My most favorite dessert. I can’t wait to try and give you my honest feedback… I will return.. The cream cheese is what I am most interested in…
thanks for posting!

Bethany January 21, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Just made this yesterday and it is delicious! It got rave reviews from all my friends too. I was happy to find this recipe. I had a peaches and cream cobbler a few years back and have tried a few recipes for it, but this is the closest and yummiest.

Michele December 3, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Rach, I simply LOVE, LOVE All of you recipes especially this one! I haven’t made it myself as of yet but my girlfriend has when she had a group of us all over house. And it came out delicious that now I have to make it myself. My girlfriend said it was the easiest thing to make also. Tell your it is the Best of the Best. Lol
Keep me posted on any new things that you make I’m always looking for something new. <3 <3

Lea December 1, 2013 at 8:32 pm

This is a great cobbler. I ran across the recipe when making dinner and happened to have some fresh/frozen peaches in the freezer. I didn’t have any cream cheese on hand, so I pureed cottage cheese as a replacement, also used egg beaters instead of regular eggs. My Mom was in town and is on weight watchers, so the substitutions helped to “lighten it up” for her.

This is a keeper!

Tiffany November 28, 2013 at 12:19 am

This peach cobbler is AMAZING!!!!! I just used some extra vanilla and a pinch of salt. It turned out better then I expected.

Veronica November 20, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I tried your recipe and it was absolutely delicious. It was a little too sweet for some of the taste testers, yet they couldn’t stop eating it. Lol! I wanted to ask if i used less sugar will it alter the taste? And do you recomnend using brown sugar or substitutes like truvia or splenda ?

Kathleen Foster November 17, 2013 at 10:29 pm

The peach cobbler recipe was to die for! Thank’s so much. I have a freezer full of home grown peaches just waiting…

Rita November 16, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Hi this looks amazing! I’m pretty new to baking and I was wondering when you say “vanilla” do you mean extract? Or is that not the same thing lol

Rachel Schultz November 16, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Yep!

Ayla October 27, 2013 at 3:35 am

I loved this recipe! What are your thoughts on using other varieties of cake mix like chocolate or spice – do you think it would be basically the same (other than flavor of course)?

Thanks!

Rachel Schultz October 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm

That could be really yummy with different fruits!

Moni Faair October 17, 2013 at 4:50 pm

This recipe was wonderful. My hudband never eats sweets or cheese he had 4 servings. One daughter told me she does not eat peaches the other told me she does not eat cobbler. The peach cobbler didnt last 24hrs..
Best recipe ever…
This is now a staple in my home.

Therese October 8, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I made this for a gathering and everyone enjoyed it. I used less sugar and crushed pineapples instead of peaches. It was delicious! Thank you so much!

Kay Malan September 28, 2013 at 7:08 pm

This made a really great cobbler! I used fresh peaches and made it in two deep-dish pie plates and it came out wonderfully. I didn’t have ice cream but poured a tiny bit of milk on it, while it was still hot, and it was very good.
Thanks for the easy recipe

Joy September 26, 2013 at 2:22 am

WOW!!! Seriously, my family LOVED this!! My husband said “Wow, this really is the best cobbler I have ever had!” You named it correctly that is for sure. I made ours with Fresh Peaches and it really was fabulous! We will be making this again, that is for sure.
Thanks a bunch!

Fritz September 23, 2013 at 4:21 am

Made this using a gluten free cake mix and everyone loved it… There was nothing left!!! Yummy,,,,,!!
Fritz

Robin September 22, 2013 at 6:12 am

YES I TOO RESERVED ABOUT 3/4 CUP OF RESERVED CRUMBLY. YUMMY YUMMY

Robin September 22, 2013 at 6:09 am

ABOSOLUTELY THE BEST EVER RACHEL! SECOND TIME I MADE IT AND AGAIN A HUGE, HUGE HIT! THANK YOU! I USE FRESH FRUIT BLENDED 1 APPLE, 2 PEACHES AND SMALL PKG OF BLUEBERRIES. ALSO TRIED BROWN SUGAR INSTEAD OF WHITE.

kira September 18, 2013 at 12:08 am

I love this! I’m not sure if I didn’t measure right, but saving a half cup cake mixture wasn’t enough to cover. Ill save more next time.

Cindy September 17, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Delicious!!!!

Rosie September 16, 2013 at 10:39 pm

How would you make this with fresh apples. How many would you use and where they are hard than peaches and need more time to cook would this work?

Ravanne September 16, 2013 at 7:43 pm

HANDS DOWN best cobbler!! My 23-year-old self had grannies ripping up their recipes over this baby!

Previous post: