Frozen dinners have been really elusive to me. I know that is completely shocking because so many people insist they are weeknight dinner life savers. I just never think to do it! But now I’m trying to start. This recipe was double the freezer meal fun because 1) I made a huge batch of pesto. I was totally thanking myself too because I hate cleaning out the food processor every time. It never dawned on me to make double, or even triple batches and freeze the pesto. (Crazy.)
2) Lately, whenever I make a dinner that is freezer compatible, I have been preparing double to stock up for after baby is born. I FEEL LIKE AN ABSOLUTE WIZARD. And all those good feelings just from being nearly the last person in the world to try frozen dinners. Sheesh.
BAKED PESTO MACARONI
1 pound macaroni pasta, cooked al dente
2 cups my favorite pesto
2 cups heirloom tomatoes, halved
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (optional)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat strained macaroni in olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
Stir pesto into pasta. Fold in tomatoes.
Transfer to 9×13 baking dish. Top with parmesan. Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 1 pound macaroni pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 cups my favorite pesto
- 2 cups heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan, shredded
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat strained macaroni in olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper. Stir pesto into pasta.
- Fold in tomatoes.
- Transfer to 9x13 baking dish. Top with parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Inspired by Pinch of Yum.