ROLO STUFFED SNICKERDOODLES

by Rachel Schultz on July 20, 2012 · 148 comments

1M Flares 1M Flares ×

What is it about the simple deliciousness of snickerdoodles? Snickerdoodles = childhood.

A caramel center is the perfect remix to this classic cookie. And Rolo’s are just the way to do it. This is the littlest effort ever required for a quite fanciful cookie. Promise.

Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles from Rachel Schultz

Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles
Makes 32 cookies

1 batch perfect snickerdoodles
32 rolo candies

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Perfect Snickerdoodles from Rachel Schultz

Roll dough around Rolo candy to form a 1 inch ball. Arrange dough on cookie sheet.

Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles from Rachel Schultz

Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles from Rachel Schultz

Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles from Rachel Schultz Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles from Rachel Schultz

4.5 from 4 reviews
ROLO STUFFED SNICKERDOODLES

Author:
Serves: 32 cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 batch perfect snickerdoodles
  • 32 rolo candies
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Roll dough around Rolo candy to form a 1 inch ball.
  3. Arrange dough on cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 14 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly before removing from baking sheet.

1M Flares Pin It Share 1M Twitter 36 Facebook 2.9K 1M Flares ×

Rate this recipe:

{ 148 comments… read them below or add one }

mobile games April 15, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed
in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
Many thanks

Jenn January 4, 2014 at 2:50 am

I just made these for my dad as a Birthday treat. They were fabulous but, had a really hard time getting them off cookie sheet. It seemed like the carmel from Rolo causing the issue. Any suggestions? I used the store bought Snickerdoodle dough did that cause them to stick?? Would love to make these again if they were easier to get remove. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous March 23, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Try lining your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Works like a charm!

Faith December 16, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Here is a recipe I thought u would like

Tianna Benson December 4, 2013 at 2:34 am

I tried this recipe and love love love it!!! Has no artificial color or flavors witch my daughter has an allergy to. I brought some to work with me and gave a plate full to my downstairs renters, the response was the same from everyone ” OMG these are so good”. Needless to say it was a huge hit and the best of all my daughter and I had a lot of fun making them together.. Thanks for the recipe!!

Anonymous November 16, 2013 at 2:48 am

they look..yummmmmy

Pam Tucker September 9, 2013 at 12:20 am

Just tried these amazing cookies and they came out perfect! My family has a new favorite! I almost used my usual snickerdoodle recipe instead of yours (because it’s never failed me); at the last minute decided to go with yours…You are SO right! It is perfection! Thanks a million!

Rachel Schultz September 9, 2013 at 12:42 am

Thanks Pam! Glad to hear it :)

Class Recording September 3, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and finally got
the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Tx!
Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic work!

Marie August 11, 2013 at 1:15 am

I find snicker doodles a boring cookie but will definitely do this one.!

Mary Ellen August 10, 2013 at 3:57 am

For the stuffed cookies do you roll the cookies in the cinnamon/sugar mixture?

Rachel Schultz August 11, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Yep!

Lainie July 25, 2013 at 10:23 am

I don’t really like snickerdoodles, but I used your idea with store bought chocolate chip cookie dough and before I put them in the oven, I sprinkled the cookie dough balls with a little sea salt. The whole thing was mess free, easy, and required only 3 ingredients and resulted in possibly the best cookie my husband and I have ever tasted.

heather marie July 4, 2013 at 1:19 am

A couple of the guys at my office have a gluten allergy, but one of them love rolos.
Do you have any advice or hints about making the snickerdoodles gluten-free? I contemplated substituting gluten-free flour instead of the regular flour, but I’m not sure if it would change the recipe drastically.

Paige July 14, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Heather, your could pick up a gluten free snickerdoodle mix (or a sugar cookie mix & add cinnoman & nutmeg), also double check the rolos ingredients, I know the minis are made with wheat glucose (so no not gluten free), but I thnk the regular ones are ok. You are an awesome co-worker for thinking of them!

Anonymous September 8, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Glucose is sugar. .. gluten is in wheat. Glucose is safe for gluten allergies.

Anonymous November 23, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Yes but this is wheat glucose.

Vinna May 29, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I would love to make these but I never heard of Snickerdoole , what is it ??/ I think it maybe some kind of a cookie ?

Anonymous May 22, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Cookies

JJ February 18, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Made these this afternoon after finding it on Pinterest, I followed the Perfect Snickerdoodle recipe and then the Rolo Snickerdoodle instructions, but had a bit of a problem with the Rolo trying to escape out of the bottom, so had to let them cool completely before removing them from the silicone, how can I combat the leakage problem ??
They are delicious tho and my other half reckons there’s nothing wrong with them, I can see there being a fight over them !!!

Rachel Schultz February 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Dust the rolos with flour first and it will help keep them in the center. Thanks for writing!

http://google.com February 14, 2013 at 8:30 pm

What genuinely encouraged u to create “Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles”?

I actuallyhonestly liked the post! Thanks for your effort -Alejandra

Rachel Schultz February 14, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Actually this idea blossomed from a different idea gone wrong.

Lauren February 14, 2013 at 7:24 pm

I made these last night and since it was a spur of the moment decision I used store bought sugar cookie dough. I lined the cookie sheet with parchment paper and had no problem with them sticking (even without tossing the Rolos in flour)

Mike 'Cookie Man' D. February 1, 2013 at 7:14 am

These look soooo DELICIOUS!!! I can’t wait to give them a try. Rolo candy in a cookie. Now that is a good cookie! Thanks for the recipe.

Mel February 6, 2013 at 9:45 pm

These are AMAZING!! I made about 4 dozen for Christmas and they were GONE in a matter of SECONDS!! Definately a hit at my house

Rachel Schultz February 11, 2013 at 8:20 pm

That’s great to hear! Thanks.

Rachel Schultz February 11, 2013 at 8:30 pm

You’re welcome!

KidSafeCandles January 28, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I made these last night and they turned out great and are DELICIOUS!!! I used your Perfect Snickerdoodle recipe too. Thank you so much for sharing – helped satisfy my sweet tooth last night :)

Rachel Schultz February 11, 2013 at 8:35 pm

You’re welcome! Glad to hear it.

Dee January 10, 2013 at 10:52 am

Allow to cool thoroughly before attempting to remove from baking sheet. This is an important step. We at our house love to eat the warm gooey cookies right out of the oven, however, the cookies I normally bake are chocolate chip. Be aware if you eat these right out of the oven molten hot carmel goo may or may not fall onto your bare skin and burn you! :-) I would suggest waiting 5-10 minutes before serving these delicious little wonders.!. Followed the home made recipe link for the snicker doodles and added the rolos and my husband is in love. Thank you for this neat idea.

Rachel Schultz January 10, 2013 at 11:22 pm

This is so true!

Sofia January 1, 2013 at 9:07 am

That looks insanely good! I’ve never heard of snickerdoodles, but they look pretty easy to make.

Brittany December 18, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Hi Rachel! I stumbled on your blog via Pinterest and this recipe. Love it! I tried it out with a little peanut butter twist on my blog. They turned our great but I can’t wait for my next batch with the Snickerdoodle dough.

Love your blog!

Rachel Schultz January 10, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Thanks, Brittany! I checked out your blog too.

Julie December 17, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I dusted the Rolos in flour prior to wrapping them in dough, then rolled the entire ball in sugar-cinnamon, baked them on parchment paper & they came out scrumptious! I can’t wait to send them, along with other goodies, to my son who is in the Army!

Dot December 19, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I almost didn’t make these because of what people were saying about the sticking. Glad I persevered. I read the comments and decided to try some hints. I added 1 tsp. of Cream of Tartar, dusted the Rolos in flour, rolled the balls in the cinnamon sugar before flattening them out as they were a little sticky, then put the Rolo inside and covered it up and then rolled it back into a ball. I think the last step of rolling again made the difference. No sticking or oozing or anything. They came out perfect. I used a Tablespoon cookie scoop and got 55 delish cookies. Thanks.

Christine December 24, 2012 at 3:38 am

I followed what Dot did and they came out perfect. This cookie will be on my Christmas Cookie list each year. Thank you and Merry Christmas

Previous post: